Age infant to 7 years
Our “Petite Academy” classes are taught in a fun environment which encourages dancers to learn the art of movement through exploration and self expression using themes, music, and movement children can relate to.
The “Petite Academy ” at Dance Alive! Dance Studio has the perfect balance of Structure, Creativity, Technique and FUN to promote learning, nurture creativity, and encourage individual development.
Dance in childhood creates Beautiful Beginnings!
Dance classes for the young child should be a joyful experience. Children need to enjoy the process of learning dance. In short, dance classes should be fun. In this way children will develop a love and appreciation for the art that will last a lifetime!
Dance class at Dance Alive! provides a positive environment in which children can learn and grow. The curriculum taught builds the dancer’s self-confidence, an understanding and appreciation for music, and a love for movement and dance.
Our well-balanced dance classes address the “whole child.”
Dance Alive! Goals for Dancers
• Introduction to dance technique
• Understanding music, counting & rhythm
• Love of dancing, music & movement
• Appreciate and understand the art of dance
• Create a positive experience from which to learn and grow
• Encourage dancers in order to help them develop a sense of pride and self-confidence
• Develop physical skills that are age appropriate
• Develop social skills:
– participate and share within a group
-lead and follow
– appreciate the work of other children
-develop an awareness of personal space, and respect the personal space of others